New York, NY
User Experience Lead
the run down
We are looking for a User Experience Lead to own the design of the products that help millions of people discover their next home
what you'll do
- Lead UX and Design across all products and platforms for NYC buyers, renters, sellers and our real estate industry partners.
- Manage and develop our team of UX/UI and Visual Designers. Lead by example, owning design on projects while also mentoring team members.
- Establish and build positive relationships with key partners, including business and product owners as well as engineering leads.
- Contribute product design thought leadership; champion and evangelize a scalable, user-centered, data-informed and agile design process.
- Build a strong design culture and establish design practices and processes that motivate the team to craft and deliver impactful work.
- Develop, analyze and incorporate quantitative data and qualitative insights into design thinking.
- Lead user interaction research and take user feedback to identify problems and opportunities.
what you should know
- 10+ years of UX & Product Design experience, ideally in building both B2C and B2B products.
- 4+ years leading a team of designers across UX, UI and Visual Design disciplines.
- Extensive understanding of prototyping methodologies and practices, user research methodologies and A/B test planning/execution.
- Strong experience leading design across platforms and mediums – from responsive web to native apps and print.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Can guide internal partners through your design process, support your decisions, and process critical feedback with focus and collaboration.