New York, NY
Ruby on Rails Developer
the run down
We are seeking a Ruby on Rails Developer to become an integral part of our growing team! You will develop and code for various projects in order to advance software solutions.
what you'll do
- Help design and architect new features.
- Work on both the frontend and backend to bring your designs to life.
- Take ownership and help test, release and maintain the code you write.
- Contribute to our winning culture and grow your skills within the team!
what you should know
- Ruby on Rails, Zend or any other MVC Frameworks
- Work independently to design, create, and unit test RoR APIs and applications
- Knowledge of MySQL/PostgreSQL/NoSQL Databases
- Client-side MVC frameworks (Angular, Ember, Backbone), JQuery
- Integrating with APIs via REST
- HTML, SASS, CSS, Twitter Bootstrap and Git
- Testing frameworks (Rspec, Cucumber, MiniTest)
- Strong analytic and creative problem solving skills
- Computer Science degree is helpful, but not required. Relevant experience will be considered.
- A proven track record working with small teams that have successfully delivered high complexity products on time and with high quality
- Bonus points for contributions to an open source project, a dedicated personal website/blog and/or an active GitHub account
- Strong preference given to those who have have passion for personal / side projects.
- Minimum 2 years hands on Development experience.