We’re looking for a Senior/Lead Engineer who is ready to take on the challenge of a leading role in a growing engineering team. You’re a great developer with good people skills and potentially someone who is already a technical team lead in a fast-moving, agile engineering team.
You’ll be responsible for building out our cloud-only products that are built on the MEAN stack. In cooperation with product management and your team, you will plan out the right architecture and approach to achieve our ambitious goals. You will provide technical information and guidance to the rest of the organization on how to best build out the products.
- Design and plan the overall architecture to build super-scalable software
- Develop high-level system design and low level technical design
- Help prioritize engineering projects against business targets and evaluate what can be executed with the available resources
- Develop, troubleshoot, debug and implement code for the Products
- Work with DevOps team-members to ensure continued stability and performance
- Set team objectives and monitor ongoing progress and performance of team members
- Coach and mentor the developers in your team on personal and technical skills
- Initiate, implement and develop creative and innovative engineering processes and practices
- Help mature staging, testing and deployment systems to automate boring tasks
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Knowledge and experience with code versioning tools. We use Git.
- Overview and understanding of the full-stack of technologies used in a web application
- Experience as lead-engineer or team lead preferred
- Basic understanding of DevOps, QA and test automation
- AWS certification or experience is a plus
- Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem solving skills
- Excellent communicator with good interpersonal skills