Brooklyn-based music technology startup seeks Front End Web Developer to join our team. As the front end developer of a Ruby on Rails application, the successful candidate will be an integral part of the design and UX teams working directly with product users to implement intuitive user interfaces. The application is a business to business platform for artists and media professionals to streamline intricate production workflows, content management and aggregation, and distribution. This position provides interesting challenges in a highly creative environment.
The problem we’re tackling is to how to make music more sustainable. To this end, we’re building an online distribution platform geared towards supporting cultural institutions, providing them with tools to create more opportunities around creative, not-overtly-commercial (you know, good) music. It’s an opinionated app which aims to guide the dialogue around the future of intellectual property through new ways of engaging the marketplace: leveraging financial context and transparency, providing education along the way, requiring engagement from audiences. Without revealing too much, the bet is that a holistic approach to music creation, distribution and consumption will become a self-perpetuating engine, as it will present real value to all principles involved—artists, audiences, institutions.
- Experience implementing designs in standards compliant HTML & CSS with thought given to accessibility and SEO
- Solid understanding of cross-browser/platform issues and solutions
- Mastery of responsive design practices
- Thorough understanding of and experience with agile software development methodologies
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Design, and/or Human Computer Interaction or equivalent professional experience
- Familiarity with Ruby on Rails a plus