New York, NY
the run down
We are searching for a high energy Controller. This would be a position designed to get you ready for a promotion to a District Controller role at one of other locations across our 39 operating states.
what you'll do
- Performing monthly financial close functions through preparation of financial statements for each designated operating location.
- Reconciliation of all general ledger accounts.
- Monthly narrative analysis of significant financial variances to budget and forecast.
- Monthly completion of a three-month financial forecast.
- Rate analysis and review.
- Effective ongoing communication of financial related information to business counterparts
- Managing flow of accounting data to/from remote facilities.
- Assisting with quarterly Sarbanes Oxley compliance and review
- Planning and participating in the annual financial budget process
- Providing training to non-financial personnel on internal control compliance, accounting procedures and financial statement review.
- Special projects as assigned.
what you should know
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 2 Years previous accounting experience required . Public accounting experience preferred .
- CPA and/or other professional certifications are a huge plus.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in MS Excel and related accounting business systems.